Dynobird is a robust tool designed to streamline your database design process. With its ability to import designs from existing databases, you don't need to start from scratch. This guide will walk you through how to extract 'CREATE TABLE' scripts from your database GUI and import them into Dynobird.
Extracting 'CREATE TABLE' Scripts from Your Database GUI
One of the standout features of Dynobird is its compatibility with various database GUIs. Whether you're using MySQL Workbench, pgAdmin, SQL Server Management Studio, Navicat, HeidiSQL, phpMyAdmin, or others, you can easily generate 'CREATE TABLE' scripts. These scripts can be directly imported into Dynobird, enabling you to leverage your existing database design.
Please note that the instructions may vary slightly depending on the specific GUI client and its version. We've provided general guidelines for some of the most popular database GUI clients:
Importing Your Design into Dynobird
- Click on 'File' located in the menu bar.
- From the dropdown, select 'New Project'.
- Change the 'Project Type' dropdown from 'Blank Project' to 'Import from Existing Database'.
- Fill in the 'Project Name', 'Database Target', and 'Database Version' fields.
- After filling out the project details, click 'Next'.
- Paste your 'CREATE TABLE' script into the provided text area.
- Click 'Evaluate'. After a few seconds, your design will be displayed.
- Once your design is displayed, click 'Submit' to save your work.
The true value of Dynobird lies in its versatility. Its ability to parse any SQL 'CREATE' syntax from a wide range of database GUIs provides a seamless user experience, saving you time and leveraging your previous work.
If you need further assistance or have any questions, feel free to explore our other guides or contact our support team. Enjoy designing with Dynobird!